What does a quirky Pop Jun Ki blog dealer do in an all Latina Lifestyle Blogger conference? She has the time of her life! They say what stays in Sin City must never leave the sparkly city limits, but now I’m back home and ready to gab! Here are the Highlights:
- My flight from Orlando to Las Vegas started with an impromptu greeting with the fabulous Gladys Knight, SHE WAS ON MY FREAKIN’ PLANE! How Lucky was that?
INT. DELTA EXTRA SMALL PLANE – - DELAYED DEPARTURE EVENING
I made eye contact with Gladys.
Hello, How are you?
Hi! How are you? I saw you come into the plane, and I was like ‘Oh My GAWD!’
GLADYS KNIGHT (laughs)
Oh, its ‘nice to see you
Nice to ‘eh… see you too!
Full of Geekiness I walk to my seat…
[ahem] Hey! I got to talk to an idol! I totally sing her songs, especially when I take flights home, listen to the song Midnight Plane to Florida [I know, I know it's Midnight train to Georgia!]
- Met up with my awesome roomie and a long time amiga [via net but never met in person] Sujeiry, both truly sophisticated and sweet chicas [read their entertaining blogs at The Ella Project and 1st Lady of Love], after some craziness at check in, all was copacetic and we went to our most-gorgeous room at The Tropicana!
- A genuinely tender of introductions by Ana Lydia [from Una Cebeza de Coco] to the first ever LLBLOG Conference!
- Given a BIG push to continue to be [Excuse my French] the BAD-ASS-Latina-Creative-Independent-Thinking woman I AM. Inspired by her strong words, the one and only Alisa Valdes!
- The workshops were mind blowing, my head was so filled with great information, I became anxious to start something right away. I didn’t even tweet for giveaways, while they spoke, didn’t want to miss a thing. But we got priceless Swag bags in each meeting point.
- Blogger Junket is one genius concept [credit: Ana Lydia]. It definitely needs to be explored more in the future llblog events
- The food that was included in all the fun was Delicious to say the least [so many filling dinners I enjoyed Bacio's Calamari and Tilapia nom nom nom]! I’m still dreaming about the Flan at El Segundo Sol, at The Fashion Show Las Vegas. That was followed by a Behind-the-Scenes tour, it was excellent
- Then on to the Macy’s tour which was, though admittedly a bit confusing, but by no means boring! I learned about the quality of Michael Kors’ hand bags, I respect their calidad.
The Cosmetic counter demonstration came just in time. the Lancôme Serum is a magical youth potion [well, it felt like it was]!
- The Friendships made at this event were deep and genuine. I learned great things from the other women as much as I learned from the invaluable information in the workshops, they went hand in hand; from Style, Writing Voice, Life Ideas and just plain unabashed support!
To commemorate with some KPoP, Enjoy the song by BIG BANG. They filmed this Music Video in Las Vegas.
Big Bang ‘TONIGHT’